This shifter fits the TKX transmission and offers a very direct feel and short throws. The shifter puts puts the shift lever in the same location as the floor console auto shifter for 1978 – 1988 GM G-Body cars. This will fit all G-Bodys, including:
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- Chevrolet El Camino
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
- And more, see years and applications below.
If you want the shift lever to line up with the original manual transmission shift lever location as found in ’78 – ’83 factory manual G-Body cars we offer a different shifter – click here.
This shifter mounts to the same location as the stock TKX shifter.
Shift lever not included. This uses a common two-bolt mount, with 7/8″ spacing between the bolts.
Shifter shown in photo is very similar but has an offset shift lever.
- Buick Regal (1978–1987)
- Chevrolet El Camino (1978–1987)
- Chevrolet Malibu (1978–1983)
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo (1978–1988)
- GMC Caballero (1982–1987)
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (1978–1988) note: 1988 model known as Cutlass Supreme Classic
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser (1982–1983)
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon (1986–1987)
- Pontiac Bonneville (1982–1986)
- Pontiac Grand Prix (1978–1987)