This shifter fits the TKX transmission and offers a very direct feel and short throws. The shifter puts puts the shift lever in the stock location for 1978 – 1983 GM G-Body cars with a manual transmission. This will fit all G-Bodys, including:
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- Chevrolet El Camino
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
- And more, see years and applications below.
If you plan to use an automatic transmission console, we suggest this shifter which will put the shift lever inside the auto shifter console – click here.
This shifter mounts to the same location as the stock TKX shifter.
Shift lever not included. This uses a common two-bolt mount, with 7/8″ spacing between the bolts.
Shifter shown in photo is very similar but has an offset shift lever.
- Buick Regal (1978–1987)
- Chevrolet El Camino (1978–1987)
- Chevrolet Malibu (1978–1983)
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo (1978–1988)
- GMC Caballero (1982–1987)
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (1978–1988) note: 1988 model known as Cutlass Supreme Classic
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser (1982–1983)
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon (1986–1987)
- Pontiac Bonneville (1982–1986)
- Pontiac Grand Prix (1978–1987)