Now Hiring Master Automotive Technician
Job Description, Master Automotive Technician
Are you an experienced Master Technician who’s passionate about cars?
At Three Pedals we built our reputation by creating high-quality parts to install manual transmissions into customers’ vehicles. Today in addition to shipping parts worldwide, we upgrade customer vehicles at our shop in Sterling, Virginia. As we’ve grown, so has our reputation for updating vehicles to make driving more enjoyable.
Three Pedals is currently accepting applications for a full-time automotive Master Technician to help us keep up with demand for our vehicle upgrade and modification services.
Our work has been featured in numerous publications, and we’re growing fast. Domestic cars and trucks from the 1950s to present are our biggest market, but we also work with imports.
We focus primarily on drivetrain swaps, drivetrain upgrades, and manual conversions. This includes LS and LT engine swap parts, manual transmission conversion parts, transmissions, clutches, flywheels, bellhousings, exhaust systems and components, computer tuning, fuel injection conversions, suspension systems, brakes, wheels and tires, and related parts.
• Experience: You have at least 3 years of full-time experience working on vehicles.
• Pride in your work: You take your work seriously and you put thought and care into every vehicle you work on.
• Flexibility: You’re competent in multiple vehicle sub-systems, including at least three of the following: engine repair, manual drivetrain and axles, suspension, brakes, electric systems, heating & air conditioning, engine performance.
• Tools: You have your own tools and tool storage.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
• Must agree to submit to a background check
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Dedication to customer service
• Dedication to being part of a high-performing team
• Available to work full time Monday through Friday on site in Sterling, Virginia
Desirable work experience includes:
• Carburetor and EFI tuning: If you can tune a carb, or tune EFI, we want to hear from you!
• Electronics: Rewiring a vehicle, diagnosing and resolving electrical issues, and wiring up custom setups.
• Classic vehicles: Repairing, maintaining, and upgrading domestic vehicles built from the 1950’s through 1980’s.
• Engine upgrades: Installing a more modern engine in an older car and retaining modern features.
• Certification: ASE certification preferred but not required.
• Perform mechanical, electrical, and custom work efficiently while maintaining an extremely high standard of craftsmanship
• Use your experience to provide insight and meaningful recommendations to the General Manager throughout all phases of each project
• Contribute to building and maintaining Three Pedals’ reputation for attention to detail and quality.
• Perform test drives to aid in diagnosis of customers’ vehicles
• Work with Sales Manager to assist in developing quotes for service and parts.
• This full time position is available immediately in Sterling, Virginia and reports to the General Manager
To apply please click the button below.