Late Model 94-97 GM LT1 Optispark performance replacement, with pin drive
Leave it to MSD to build an all-out performance distributor to replace the OEM GM LT1 Optispark! We machine an entire billet block of aluminum down into a precise housing that fits in place of the factory piece. Then, we fill it with a reliable new pick-up assembly, a trick timing adjustment mechanism and top it off with an all new MSD distributor cap!
The pick-up is an advanced optical encoder, a different style of optical pickup than the OEM. This type of pick-up has proven to be very reliable and stable through extreme rpm and conditions. The rotor is bolted to a drive assembly that is indexed to the shaft and is stabilized through the use of a large ball bearing assembly.
Once installed, you have the ability to adjust the ignition timing – the only distributor that offers timing adjustability! An adjustment screw allows the timing to be tweaked up to +/-5°. The distributor is equipped with a fresh air vent and has an extra thick mounting surface for the cap to eliminate leaks.
- Advanced optical encoder trigger design for accuracy and reliability.
- Rotor drive design is positively indexed and cannot slip.
- Large ball bearing stabilizes timing through 10,000 rpm.
- Fresh air vented and sealed to keep the elements out.
- Improved housing design and extra bolt eliminates leaks
- Easily adjust the timing up to +/-5°