Many modern overdrive transmissions – like the Tremec T56 – are big! When retrofitting a newer transmission into an older car the transmission tunnel may very well be too small to fit the transmission when it is installed at the proper driveline angle. This tunnel patch is pre-curved and gives you a head start in making more room.
The Hurst Universal tunnel patch is large enough for installing a most transmissions, including a Tremec Magnum 6-speed transmission in just about any vehicle. The universal tunnel patch is constructed from 18-gauge mild steel and is pre-rolled and tapered to accommodate most floor pans.
As with most transmission conversions, trimming and fabrication will be required.
- Fits Large Transmissions including a Tremec Magnum 6-speed
- Over 60 Years of Conversion Experience
- Tunnel Patch for Universal Applications
- Constructed from 18-gauge Mild Steel
- Simplifies Transmission Conversions