Our integrated clutch and brake pedal assembly is the key to getting a manual transmission up and running in your 1978 – 1988 GM G-Body. If you’re looking for our Boxy B-Body pedals click here.
Out of stock – Reserve your pedals with a $100 deposit. Pedals are expected to ship in November 2022. In the meantime we are taking $100 deposits on pedals, and once our delivery date firms up, we will request the remaining amount due two weeks prior to delivery.
We’re big on ergonomics – the pedals are right where your feet are expecting them, and the brake pedal location is optimized for heel-and-toe downshifting. After driving a 1996 Chevy Impala SS with our 6 speed manual conversion package, AutoWeek Magazine wrote:
“The pedals and shifter feel and look as though they could have been a factory installation” – May 15, 2017 issue.
Read Car Craft’s article on our pedals.
Our pedal assembly is a direct replacement for your stock brake pedal and is compatible with all hydraulic clutch systems as well as all transmissions that use a hydraulic setup.
Each pedal assembly comes fully assembled and ready to install and includes:
- Billet aluminum mounting bracket, black anodized
- Chromoly steel brake pedal arm
- Chromoly steel clutch pedal arm
- Rubber pedal covers for brake and clutch pedals, OEM 2010 – 2015 Chevy Camaro
- Heavy duty Oilite flanged bushings for each pedal arm
- Oilite sleeves at all points where shoulder bolts pass through aluminum
- Acetal Resin spacers for quiet, smooth, no-rock pedal arm operation
- Steel shoulder bolts, Grade 8 strength
- Rubber firewall seal and stainless steel hardware
- Firewall drilling template
- Pedal installation hardware: Class 10.9 / Grade 8 strength or stronger
Download our installation instructions – click here.
Clutch and brake pedals are spaced apart just under 5″ center-to-center, same as the current Chevy Camaro. Your factory brake master cylinder pushrod hooks up to our brake pedal arm in the exact same location as stock. We offer compatibility with both power and manual brakes.
Our clutch pedal is designed for hydraulic clutch systems and is compatible with just about any manual transmission. Whether you’re running the stock engine or an LS engine our pedals will work great. We use the Tilton 78-Series master cylinders, available in seven different bore sizes. Contact us for help in selecting the perfect match for your setup.
Our pedal assembly includes two electrical sensor brackets (brake lights and neutral safety switch). If you have cruise control, we offer additional sensor brackets to add two cruise control interrupt switches, one on each pedal arm. Our sensor brackets are designed for use with OEM GM switches, which we offer separately if not already wired up in your car. Additional details on compatible sensors:
- Brake lights – bracket included with our pedals, reuse stock wiring
- Neutral safety switch, preventing the car from starting unless the clutch pedal is depressed – bracket included with our pedals, sensor and wiring harness sold separately
- Cruise control interrupt, based on brake pedal application – optional bracket, reuse stock wiring
- Cruise control interrupt, based on clutch pedal application – optional bracket, sensor, and wiring harness
To install our pedals you’ll need to drill several holes in your firewall (7/64″ and 7/8″), and we include a cutting template to make marking the hole centers as easy as possible.
- CNC aluminum bracket: Black anodized
- Pedal arms: Chromoly steel pedal arms are painted satin black
Mechanical clutch release setups are not compatible with our pedals.