Great for blower or manifold clearance. Fits 289/302 engines, includes iron gear.
*Note: Must be used with an MSD 6, 7 or 8-series ignition. CARB EO # D-40-39
MSD engineers fit all of their high performance distributor experience into a special compact housing designed to be less obtrusive for Ford engines. The diameter of the special cap and housing are 5/8″ smaller than stock Ford distributors providing extra room in front of the engine. The new MSD cap features spark plug style terminals and is firmly screwed down to the housing.
The distributor relies on MSD’s race proven magnetic pickup and precision reluctor to deliver accurate trigger signals to the MSD Ignition throughout high rpm. The reluctor assembly is turned by a hardened steel shaft which rides in a sealed ball bearing for high rpm stability and endurance.
- Billet housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- No CARB Exemption Order Number