Ready-to-run distributors include a built-in ignition module. No MSD Ignition control required. Includes an iron gear and a rev limiter.
MSD’s Ready-to-Run Ford Distributors are the perfect upgrade for bulky DuraSpark systems or ancient breaker point models. These distributors come complete and ready-to-run. All you need to do is drop it in the engine, connect three wires and fire the engine. Each distributor features an ignition module that produces a powerful inductive spark to improve combustion of the fuel mixture resulting in quick starts, smooth idle and increased performance.
The billet aluminum housings of these distributors are 5/8″ smaller in diameter to accommodate induction setups and tight engine compartments. A maintenance-free magnetic pickup is responsible for triggering the high voltage sparks while a sealed ball bearing guides an oversized shaft.
- Now includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect