E-ROD crate engine package—an unprecedented, emissions compliant powertrain that includes an LS3 crate engine and other necessary parts to be 50-state emissions compliant. With the LS3 engine and its stunning combination of horsepower and efficiency, a car builder can expect great performance at the drag strip or just cruising around town.
There are several states (as well as foreign countries) that require emissions compliance for specialty constructed vehicles. This has made it increasingly difficult for enthusiasts to build true high-performance cars and stay in the good graces of the law. E-ROD engines are an answer to these political pressures. GMPP worked closely with the influential California Air Resources Board (CARB) and secured approval that makes E-ROD-equipped vehicles compliant in California and other areas that mirror CARB’s recommendations and emissions standards. GMPP is the pioneer for this new era in hot rodding, as no other O.E.M. or aftermarket manufacturer offers a comparable, CARB- approved system.
- 6.2-liter LS3 crate engine, rated at 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque
- Engine wiring harness
- Engine control module with emissions-legal calibration
- Catalytic converters
- Exhaust manifolds
- Oxygen sensors and sensor bosses
- Fuel tank evaporative emissions canister
- Air filter
- Mass airflow sensor and sensor boss
- Accelerator pedal (for use with the LS3s electronic throttle)
- Instruction manual
- 430 horse
- 376 cubes
- 24-month 50,000 mile GMPP parts and labor warranty
Starting with the ’08 Corvette, the world was first introduced to GM’s latest small block V8 creation the 6.2-liter LS3. A continuation of the industry leading V8 engines from GM Powertrain, the LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. (In the Corvette, those numbers go to 436 hp and 428 lb.-ft. of torque with the optional dual mode exhaust system.) It’s a brute of a small block with 376 ready cubes at your beckon call.
The LS series of engines from GM Powertrain have broken new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine. The LS3 continues the engineering breakthroughs with revised cylinder heads featuring rectangle ports borrowed from the vaunted LS7. The heads feature 63 cc combustion chambers, 2.16-inch intake valves, and 1.59-inch exhaust valves. The camshaft features an aggressive .551-inches of lift on the intake side with less overlap (than the LS2) for even greater airflow and power. Rocker arms with a 1.7:1 ratio sit on top of the heads.
In the bottom end, the aluminum 6-bolts/main block features 4.06-inch bores and 3.62-inch stroke. A nodular iron crankshaft, powdered metal rods, and aluminum pistons (10.7:1 compression ratio) round out a rev-happy short block. Red line for the LS3 comes at 6600 rpm, and you will get there very quickly.
With a high-tech GM foundation, aluminum block, and high flowing rectangular-port heads, the LS3 is the new standard in the small block world. The LS3 helps power the new Corvette to a top speed of 190 mph. What will it power you to?
- Balanced: Internal
- Block Part Number: 12584727
- Block Type: Cast aluminum with 6-bolt main caps
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.06 x 3.62 (103.25 x 92mm)
- Camshaft duration (@.050 in): 204 degree intake / 211 degree exhaust
- Camshaft Part Number: 12603844
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Connecting rods (P/N 12617570): Powdered metall
- Crankshaft (P/N 12597569): Nodular iron
- Cylinder heads (P/N 12598594): LS3 rectangle port; as cast with 68cc chambers
- Displacement (cu in): 376 cu in (6.2L)
- Engine type: LS Series Gen IV small-block V-8
- Maximum recommended rpm: 6600
- Pistons Part Number: 19165089
- Pistons Type: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Recommended fuel: 92 octane
- Reluctor wheel: 58X
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.7:1
- Rocker arms exhaust Part Number: 10214664
- Rocker arms exhaust Type: Investment cast, roller trunnion
- Rocker arms intake Part Number: 12569167
- Rocker arms intake Type: Investment cast, roller trunnion
- Valve Lift (in): .551 intake / .522 exhaust
- Valve size (in): 2.16 intake / 1.59 exhaust
Supersedes part #19369331
General Motors limited 2 year / 50,000 mile parts & labor warranty. Click Here to view or download warranty form.