Approx. 2-3 week lead time to ship headers
So you’re installing an LS or Gen V LT engine in your ’77 – ’96 GM B-Body – are you ready to breathe some fire? Our new headers are the only stainless steel long tubes designed to fit these cars perfectly – while keeping your new engine right where the old one was, and with zero frame cutting or shaving needed.
- Three goals, and we nailed them:
- Maintain optimal weight distribution by not moving the LS/LT engine block, relative to stock
- Provide serious exhaust flow for serious horsepower
- Zero frame cutting or shaving
- 321 Stainless Steel construction – like 304SS, but better! 304SS, aka “18/8”, is alloyed with 18% chromium and 8% nickel. 321SS is like 304SS but is then further alloyed with titanium, giving it superior strength; specific benefits for your headers:
- Increased resistance to material fatigue and thermal cracking – key for high heat environments
- Allows for thinner wall, lighter weight construction – without compromise
- 1-7/8″ long tube primaries merged into 3″ collector. For you decimal types, that’s 1.875″ diameter, with 0.049” tube sidewall thickness. For you metric types – no can do on this product, you’re on your own.
- Investment cast elbows give you the tightest bend, allowing us to tuck the headers in tight to the block, which helps keep them away from things like your steering shaft, brake lines, frame, etc.
- Investment cast flanges are super strong and lightweight, and they’re good looking – when was the last time you said that about a header flange?
- Oxygen sensor bungs are included – each header includes one bung welded in place
- Zero cutting or shaving your frame required for fitment – REQUIRES use of either the KDS or Dirty Dingo motor mounts
- Transmission and Driveshaft: By not moving your LS / LT engine relative to your old engine, you can re-use your original transmission, transmission crossmember, and driveshaft.
- Collector flange options: Sold separately – Extreme Low Profile Clamps, Investment cast 3 bolt 3″ outer diameter flange
- Engine options: Pricing shown is for LS engines. Add $100 for the Gen V LT flange.
- Header finish options:
- As Cast with cast flange – $1,295 (LT $1,395)
- Satin with satin flange – $1,595 (LT $1,695)
- Silver Ceramic Coating with mirror flange – $1,695 (LT $1,795)
- Black Ceramic Coating with mirror flange – $1,695 (LT $1,795)
- Mirror Polish with mirror flange – $2,195 (LT $2,295)
- Note on finish: ceramic coatings offer a nice look but 321SS will look beautiful “naturally” As Cast for a long long time. Satin is our favorite if you’ve got the budget, but in terms of bang for the buck, we like the As Cast finish best.
- What’s included: ARP (Automotive Racing Products) 12-point 300 grade stainless steel bolts and washers and Cometic MLS (Multi Layer Stainless) header gaskets
We partnered with Ultimate Headers to create the best headers for the B-Bodies. Ultimate Headers created an investment cast elbow out of 321SS and with an incredibly tight 1.25″ center line radius (CLR) Ordinary tube bending processes generally cannot have a CLR less than the diameter of the tube itself, in this case 1.875″. Casting is the only feasible method to produce this type of bend, and offers the further benefit of consistent wall thickness. In contrast, bent tubing is by definition deformed – the outer edge is stretched the most, which inherently thins and weakens the tubing.