Improved Racing’s low-profile oil cooler adapter bolts directly to the factory GM LS oil pan and features a built-in thermostat. The angled front cutout and a maximum thickness of just 1.30″ makes this unit slim enough to clear most headers.
Oil coolers help prevent the oil from getting too hot, but are also prone to lowering oil temperatures too much, especially in colder weather or during highway driving. This unit’s built-in thermostat helps protect the engine by speeding up warm-up time and maintaining oil temperatures at optimal levels. The thermostat maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C). Also available with 200°F (93°C) or 212°F (100°C) thermostat. All readings +/- 5°F in most conditions.
The adapter features an 1/8″ NPT port for an oil sensor or turbo oil supply. It’s machined from a single piece of 6061-T6 aluminum and is black anodized. The adapter features standard female -08AN O-ring boss ports for optional anodized adapter fittings for -08AN, -10AN or -12AN lines. The adapter can be mounted upside down on the 2010+ Camaro / G8 oil pan for additional header clearance.
Features and Benefits
- 100% bolt-on in place of the factory oil bypass cover, just above the oil filter
- Built-in thermostat helps reduce engine wear and horsepower losses by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C), 200°F (93°C) or 212°F (100°C) +/- 5°F in most conditions
- Low-profile design maximizes header clearance. Clears most long tube headers such as the JTR and Spoolin Performance headers in FD RX-7 LSX swaps
- Rebuildable – just send it back to us and we will replace the thermal actuator, spring and seals
- 1/8″ NPT port for a sensor or turbo oil feed line
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Viton seals throughout
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA