Our 13″ front brake kit is the most economical big brake upgrade kit we have, and it makes a huge difference in braking on these cars. This is the same system we run on our wagon, Shaken & Stirred. This system uses rotors and lightweight calipers from the C5 / C6 Corvette, which means lots of choices in pads and rotors, and 3 choices of caliper color. These kits also fit the applications listed below. Our front brake kits feature:
- New rotors (pair) – 12.8″ / 325mm – plain or drilled & slotted
- New calipers (pair) – 2 piston aluminum calipers, 3 colors available
- Kore3 GMTS HD billet aluminum hubs, black anodized, with billet aluminum grease caps (pair)
- Timken brand inner and outer hub bearings and races
- Inner hub grease seals (pair)
- Caliper mounting brackets by Kore3; yellow zinc-chromate plated for corrosion resistance (pair)
- Caliper and bracket attaching hardware, all Grade 8 or Class 10.9 or stronger
- 5 x 5″ bolt pattern
- ARP studs, M12x1.5 threading, same as factory, and pressed into the hubs before shipping
- Brake pads – 5 options
- FlexKORE stainless steel braided hoses and attaching hardware (pair, one for each front brake)
This system is compatible with factory ABS – simply transfer your OEM tone rings to your new hub. Please note that these larger brakes require 17″ or larger diameter wheels; stock Impala wheels fit perfectly. If unsure of your fitment please reference this wheel fitment template to confirm your combination. Please contact us if you need wheel suggestions or have further questions.
We CNC mill the rotors in house with the correct 5 x 5″ bolt pattern for these cars. We also enlarge the center bore to match the larger hub and wheel bore on these cars, as compared to the Corvettes for which the rotors are made.
- AC Delco – plain (standard)
- Power Stop – drilled & slotted (+$90); these are also zinc plated for corrosion resistance
- DBA 1 piece and 2 piece rotors, plain, drilled, slotted, or drilled & slotted – contact us to order, these options will be on the website soon.
New GM calipers are no longer available. We offer remanufactured calipers from PowerStop in plain silver, with no logo. The calipers have a raw aluminum finish, this will oxidize if not protected with paint or powder coat. Custom painting is available, please contact us for details.
Brake Pad Options
AC Delco and Hawk have most needs covered. Please contact us if are looking for suggestions or something not listed here.
- OUR CHOICE – STREET ONLY: Hawk Ceramic (+$64): The best overall choice for street cars where you don’t want lots of brake dust. “Quiet, clean and quick” according to Hawk.
- OUR CHOICE – STREET & TRACK: Hawk HP+ (+$88): Great for street driven cars that see occasional autocross and road course use. Don’t bother changing your pads! They do create a fair amount of dark brake dust however. If dustless is your way, then go with the Hawk Ceramic and you’ll never look back. Except when you hit the track and swap in your HP+ pads.
- Hawk HPS (+$57): A little less aggressive than the HP+, but we suggest either Ceramic or HP+ for most of y’all.
- AC Delco Semi-Metallic
- AC Delco Ceramic (+$15): Less brake dust than semi-metallic
- Brake fluid – Valvoline DOT 3 & 4
- Cars with rear disc brakes: proportioning bolt by Proforged
- Rear disc brake stainless steel braided hose, including the frame-to-axle fifth hose
- 1991 – 1996 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1
- 1994 – 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
- 1991 – 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Station Wagon
- 1991 – 1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
- 1994 – 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan with LT1
- 1994 – 1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan with LT1
- 1991 – 1996 Buick Roadmaster Station Wagon
- 1991 – 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood