We installed a Quick Performance Ford 9″ rear axle assembly in the Car Craft Malibu and we love it! Here’s the setup we used, shipped directly to you and ready to install.
If you’ve got a ’78 – ’88 GM A/G-Body that came with the 7-5/8″ ring gear rear axle, you probably know that axle is weak and will likely not last long as you upgrade power, or as you race more frequently. The Quick Performance rear axle can handle big horsepower as well as the rigors of racing.
Features we specified, and which are included in this package:
- 3.70:1 gear ratio
- 31 spline Truetrac differential
- Yukon Pro N case, Daytona pinion support, and billet yoke for 1350 u-joint
- Semi-gloss black powder coat
- Wilwood 12.19″ disc brakes with internal parking brake and black 4 piston calipers
- New housing center piece
- Drain and fill plugs with jack pad
- Adjustable lower control arm brackets
- Billet steel housing ends with oil seal surfaces
- 5 x 4-3/4″ lugnut pattern
- 1/2″-20 studs, 3″ long
We can set you up with exactly the options you want, please contact us for a quote.
Note: aftermarket coil over conversion kits use brackets that attach to the rear axle in order to create mounting points for the shocks. Generally, these brackets do not fit any of the aftermarket axle housings. Please contact us with any questions about this.
- Gear ratios ranging from 3.00:1 to 4.86:1
- Trac-Lok, Detroit Locker, or drag spool
- Ford (5 x 4-1/2″) or Big Chevy (5 x 5″) lugnut pattern
- Drum brakes, disc brakes with or without parking brake, larger Wilwood brakes
- Braided steel brake line kit
- No powder coat, or gloss black finish