FREE SHIPPING TO THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES!
TREMEC is pleased to announce the release of the new TKX, a 5-speed RWD manual transmission developed solely for the aftermarket.
This part number is the GM fitment with 2.87:1 1st gear and 0.68:1 5th gear overdrive and 26 spline input shaft. This is perfect for those with 3.73 – 4.56 rear gear ratio. Please contact us with any questions on which ratio to select or any other details.
This is the transmission that muscle car enthusiasts, classic car enthusiasts, and many other enthusiasts have been waiting for! A slick shifting, high torque capacity, high RPM transmission that is compact and easy to retrofit.
This transmission fits bellhousings designed for TKO, Muncie, Saginaw, Richmond, and T10 transmissions. It can be made to work with either mechanical or hydraulic clutch actuation. Please contact us with any questions, this is brand new product and we’re working on packages to make setup easy.
Available for both Ford and GM, in three different gear ratios.
For the development of the new transmission, TREMEC engineers took a forward-looking approach to finding the best and most efficient solution. This included universal packaging, excellent shifting performance, and extreme durability. The end result is superior shift-ability with smooth shifts at high RPMs through the use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings. At the same time, noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance is optimized with a gear layout to best control stress levels, while providing structural stiffness with a ribbed, 3-piece aluminum housing. Durability is further optimized with oversized gear widths, gaskets at all flanges and caged needle bearings in all gear positions.
- 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity; capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs.
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations.
- Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness.
- Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615), providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
Gear ratios, all expressed as :1
1st – 2.87
2nd – 1.89
3rd – 1.28
4th – 1.00
5th – 0.68
Rev – 2.56