Ram Clutches Force 10.5 Dual Disc Semi Metallic Clutch and Aluminum Flywheel – Chevy Big Block Pre-’89, External Balance, 1-1/8″ diameter 26 spline input shaft.
Aluminum flywheel included; steel flywheel package available part #80-2135NS
For higher horsepower applications, the Force 10.5 dual disc is the natural choice. Based on the design of the original RAM Street Dual, Force 10.5 is more street friendly by using a three strap system to locate the floater plate. This eliminates floater plate ‘rattle’ that is common on stand driven dual disc clutches. A high clamp load pressure plate assures plenty of holding power without excessive pedal pressure. Steel backed 300 series facing mean smooth engagement on takeoff and insure long service life. For higher torque capacities, the Force 10.5N features the proven RAM 900 series metallic facings. Force 10.5 dual disc systems handle bigger torque loads and are a bit heavier than their smaller cousins. This higher inertia translates into better low speed drivability in heavier vehicles, or in large camshaft profile applications. If you are bolting on a larger blower or turbo system, Force 10.5 may be the best choice for you.
RAM’s storied history of building single and dual disc clutches for real race cars led to the design and production of the RAM Concept 10.5 dual disc clutch system. The Force 10.5 features an integral steel or aluminum flywheel, properly balanced for your engine out of the box, as the basis for the clutch system. We then add the features listed below to surpass other clutch market designs, such as:
- Size – the larger the diameter the more the holding power the clutch system will have. The 10.5 pressure plate has 2400 pounds of clamp pressure, where competitor’s 9.5 assemblies typically have 1800 pounds of clamping force. The larger clutch diameter will also further enhance heat dissipation over the smaller units. Stock pedal effort is maintained with the Force 10.5 unit.
- Precision machined billet flywheel provides a stable mounting platform. Each unit is set up on the flywheel before shipping to insure proper release once the clutch is installed. A specification card is provided with each unit to aid you in setting up the clutch properly in the car.
- Precision balance on the flywheel insures proper balance and vibration free driving. Match balancing available by special order.
- Strap driven floater plate system assures quiet, no-rattle operation.
- Utilization of a sprung hub top disc to ease stress on the driveline during initial engagement. Dual solid hub designs are aggressive and more susceptible to gear noise in the transmission.
- The Force 10.5 is available for most any engine platform and in most cases, are a direct bolt in replacement for the factory clutch.
- Available with 300 Series organic friction material for a super-smooth engagement on the street and holding power up to 750 HP. A 900 Series metallic version is available for extreme duty/competition and is capable of holding in excess of 1000 horsepower. Like any clutch system, the horsepower capacity is dependent on load factors.