Tilton Twin Disc Clutch for 2010 – 2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1 (Gen 5) with 8 bolt flywheel, with organic friction material and sprung hubs
Tilton has now applied their nearly 50 years of experience in racing clutches to develop the ST-246 line of twin disc clutch kits for the high-performance street market. Unlike many of the “performance clutches” on the market, ST-246 clutches were designed from the ground up as a true performance twin disc clutch and not an OEM-type stamped steel pressure plate with a floater added. Featuring an aluminum clutch cover that shares technology from Tilton’s championship winning line of OT- Series racing clutches, ST-246 clutches feature heavy duty straps that attach the pressure plate and floater plate to minimize noise. ST-246 clutches are available with either sprung-hub organic discs for street applications or solid-hub cerametallic discs for street/strip applications.
All kits include a billet chromoly steel flywheel that features a precision register for the clutch to provide optimal balance of the clutch/ flywheel assembly.
– Precision machined aluminum clutch cover provides high-strength, stiffness and better dynamic balance than OE-type stamped steel covers.
-High-mass main pressure plate and floater plate, machined from the same proprietary material as used in Tilton’s racing clutches, provides high heat capacity and resists.
– Heavy-duty straps attach pressure plate and floater plate to the clutch cover, minimizing noise and providing fast & clean release between shifts.
– Chromoly steel flywheel provides high-strength and long-term durability. Features a precision register to locate the clutch and provide optimal balance (as opposed to loose fitting bolts & dowels used with stamped steel clutches).
– Weight and inertia engineered to provide a good balance of performance and drivability.
– 246mm sprung-hub organic disc (850 lb-ft) and solid-hub cerametallic disc (1250 lb-ft) options.
All ST-246 kits, except for Camaro GEN5, Corvette C6 and 2011-2017 Mustang GT can be used with OEM release bearings. ST-246 clutch kits for Camaro GEN5, Corvette C6 and 2011-2017 Mustang GT applications include an Tilton 6000-Series hydraulic release bearing (height preset at Tilton) that is designed to connect directly to the OEM clutch line. Most importantly, Tilton ST-246 clutch kits offer all this technology at a price point that is very competitive to the other clutches on the market.