Tilton Twin Disc Clutch for Ford Small Block 5.0L / 302 / 351 with 50 ounce external balance to Tremec T56, T56 Magnum, Magnum XL, Magnum F, and TKX transmissions, with organic friction material and sprung hubs
Tilton has now applied their nearly 50 years of experience in racing clutches to develop the ST-246 line of twin disc clutch kits for the high-performance street market. Unlike many of the “performance clutches” on the market, ST-246 clutches were designed from the ground up as a true performance twin disc clutch and not an OEM-type stamped steel pressure plate with a floater added. Featuring an aluminum clutch cover that shares technology from Tilton’s championship winning line of OT- Series racing clutches, ST-246 clutches feature heavy duty straps that attach the pressure plate and floater plate to minimize noise. ST-246 clutches are available with either sprung-hub organic discs for street applications or solid-hub cerametallic discs for street/strip applications.
All kits include a billet chromoly steel flywheel that features a precision register for the clutch to provide optimal balance of the clutch/ flywheel assembly.
– Precision machined aluminum clutch cover provides high-strength, stiffness and better dynamic balance than OE-type stamped steel covers.
-High-mass main pressure plate and floater plate, machined from the same proprietary material as used in Tilton’s racing clutches, provides high heat capacity and resists.
– Heavy-duty straps attach pressure plate and floater plate to the clutch cover, minimizing noise and providing fast & clean release between shifts.
– Chromoly steel flywheel provides high-strength and long-term durability. Features a precision register to locate the clutch and provide optimal balance (as opposed to loose fitting bolts & dowels used with stamped steel clutches).
– Weight and inertia engineered to provide a good balance of performance and drivability.
– 246mm sprung-hub organic disc (850 lb-ft) and solid-hub cerametallic disc (1250 lb-ft) options.
All ST-246 kits, except for Camaro GEN5, Corvette C6 and 2011-2017 Mustang GT can be used with OEM release bearings. ST-246 clutch kits for Camaro GEN5, Corvette C6 and 2011-2017 Mustang GT applications include an Tilton 6000-Series hydraulic release bearing (height preset at Tilton) that is designed to connect directly to the OEM clutch line. Most importantly, Tilton ST-246 clutch kits offer all this technology at a price point that is very competitive to the other clutches on the market.