The 78-Series master cylinder is made from billet aluminum and the whole assembly is stout. Compared to master cylinders with a pivoting pushrod, this thing is built like a tank! That’s why we use it in our new G-Body pedals and our ’91-’96 B-Body pedals.
Fittings you’ll find helpful:
- 5/16″ hose input fitting for low pressure side
- -3AN to -3AN coupler, steel, for high pressure side
- -3AN to -4AN coupler, steel, for high pressure side
We will soon be listing accompanying rod ends and turnbuckle style connectors. If you’re looking for these parts, please contact us in the meantime and we can set you up with exactly the right parts.
78-Series master cylinders offer the latest in racing master cylinder technology in a very lightweight and compact design. The rear spherical bearing mount and one-piece piston/pushrod eliminate side thrust into the master cylinder bore, providing consistent and repeatable braking.
78-Series Master Cylinder Features:
- 40% lower price than 77‐Series master cylinders they replace ($235 vs $395 Retail)
- Directly interchangeable with 77‐Series master cylinders
- Billet aluminum body with proprietary low‐friction coatings minimize wear and provides smooth operation
- Rear spherical bearing mount and one‐piece piston/pushrod eliminates side thrust into the master cylinder bore, providing consistent and repeatable braking
- Hand‐built and blueprinted for cut‐off port travel
- External dust boot included
- O‐ring seal at the main rod guide and body interface
- 1.1” of stroke
- AN3 outlet port and AN6 inlet port
- 7 bore sizes available – 1″, 13/16″, 15/16″, 3/4″, 5/8″, 7/10″, 7/8″ – contact us if you need help selecting the proper bore size for your application.
78-Series master cylinders are primarily designed for use with Tilton 800-Series and 900-Series pedal assemblies, and other than our pedal assemblies they can also be incorporated into custom pedal designs.